[daip] [!6302]: aips - TYALP

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Thu Mar 5 18:28:33 EST 2015

Eric Greisen updated #6302
--------------------------

       Staff (Owner): Eric Greisen (was: -- Unassigned --)
                 Due: - Cleared - (was: 09 March 2015 10:44 PM)

TYALP
-----

           Ticket ID: 6302
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 05 March 2015 10:44 PM
             Updated: 05 March 2015 11:28 PM
      Resolution Due: 13 March 2015 10:44 PM (7d 23h 16m)

It is TYAPL and the messages you quote disturb me some.  It is
normal to complain about extending the SY values a little bit.
But the time discrepancy you are quoting is 5 minutes not a second or two.
Have you somehow edited the SY table without editing the
UV data?  (I would think that is hard to do.)  In general there should
be an appropriate SY table record for every UV data time and the only
discrepancy might be the exact values of the time.

If you do not set APARM, BPARM, CPARM, SAMPTYPE and the like in TYSMO
is will do nothing at all but copy the SY table.  The TYSMO is meant to clean
up problems in the SY table.  If there are none (so far as you know), then
it should not be run.  But do check your data compared to the contents
of your SY table.  Try plotting antennas 2 and 12 with timer=0 15 11 0 0 15 20 0
and plot the SY table over the same time range (around the 0.6343 that you sent me).