[daip] Aips Binary

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Jun 16 10:19:11 EDT 2015

On 06/15/2015 05:46 PM, steven wrote:
> and Hello to you  Eric
>                                          I just reinstalled it and the
> errors  disappeared like missing symbol "( "
> and a string that was following or preceding it, I have to use ". ./
> LOGIN.SH " to log in  but after that all good
> as this is my first foray into he field I'm current trying to learn how
> to input data
>   and what kind and how to convert that data,which was a bit confusing,
> "as to the where" are the samples of  and data conversion from .wav or
> the format used , or a direct  input from source, or to incorporate a
> software defined radio
>   I use a software defined radio winrad , winrad HD spectra vau and
> space lab not that
> I know to much about that  spacelab ,,, which all take inputs from a
> sound card which store them
> as .wav  thanks for the help  and advise if I run into trouble I let you
> know  :)    thanks again     Steven  B Laube

I suspect that AIPS is not software for which you have a use.

It is designed for professional astronomers to reduce data from
astronomical telescopes.  These data arrive at the software in the FITS
format or in a couple of telescope-specific formats peculiar to the VLA
here in New Mexico.

Try reading Chapter 1 of our CookBook which is on your computer at
$AIPS_ROOT/TEXT/PUBL/COOK1.PS or on the web from the table of contents
page at http://www.aips.nrao.edu/cook.html