[daip] Aips Binary

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Jun 15 15:41:45 EDT 2015

On 06/03/2015 05:00 PM, steven wrote:
> hello Again
>   I spent some time trying commands like  some of which cane back unable
> to locate
>    some ran and them came back unable to run ,files missing  files
> missing    the TV ,
>   so I checked and they were not there   unlike LOGiN

I am trying to find something useful I can write to you, but you give us
so little information, there is very little I can say.  What commands
did you try, what files are "missing", what directory were you in when
you tried to access these files, etc etc?

Your previous e-mail indicated a normal end to install.pl and you asked
about the file named .profile (which is sometimes .bashrc, .tshrc,
.cshrc etc) in your home area.  These files execute commands when you
login and are then useful to do thing you always want (such as dotting
or sourcing $AIPS_ROOT/LOGIN.SH) or setting aliases or environment
variables (such as AIPS_ROOT, the directory where you installed aips).