[daip] [!5969]: aips - AIPS install on student mac OS YOSEMITE

Christopher J Stockdale do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Tue Jan 13 16:41:50 EST 2015

Christopher J Stockdale updated #5969
-------------------------------------

AIPS install on student mac OS YOSEMITE
---------------------------------------

           Ticket ID: 5969
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 13 January 2015 09:41 PM
             Updated: 13 January 2015 09:41 PM
                 Due: 15 January 2015 09:41 PM (2d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 22 January 2015 09:41 PM (9d 0h 0m)

Eric,

I am installing AIPS on my student's computer for the first time.  I created the sysctl.conf file and edited the /etc/services file.  I also installed XQuartz 2.7.7 X11 software.   When we start AIPS up, I don't spawn any windows, TK, MSG, or TV.  The login info is sohwn below and I have never not been able to at start the tk or message windows before.

Thanks for your help,

Chris

claytonkeefe$ aips tv=LOCAL
START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the
START_AIPS:  - system name , AIPS type

START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.018
  (Using global default file /Users/claytonkeefe/aips/DA00/DADEVS.LIST for DADEVS.PL)
   Disk 1 (1) is /Users/claytonkeefe/aips/DATA/LOCALHOST_1

Tape assignments:
   Tape 1 is REMOTE
   Tape 2 is REMOTE

TVDEVS.SH: Remote TV assigned for TVHOST LOCAL  ***
START_AIPS: Checking if LOCAL is reachable via ssh...
START_AIPS: Cannot start remote TV servers on LOCAL, sorry!
START_AIPS: remote command gave this error:
ssh: Could not resolve hostname LOCAL: nodename nor servname provided, or not known
START_AIPS: check your secure shell setup, in particular
START_AIPS: whether you have a passphrase enabled.  You may
START_AIPS: wish to try 'ssh -v LOCAL pwd' to see
START_AIPS: what the problem is.
START_AIPS: Starting TPMON daemons on LOCALHOST asynchronously...
Starting up 31DEC15 AIPS with normal priority
DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.018
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC15) at priority =   0
AIPS 1: You are not on a local TV device, welcome stranger
AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server   2
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server   2
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?2
AIPS 1:                          31DEC15 AIPS:
AIPS 1:      Copyright (C) 1995-2015 Associated Universities, Inc.
AIPS 1:            AIPS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY;
AIPS 1:                 for details, type HELP GNUGPL
AIPS 1: This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
AIPS 1: under certain conditions; type EXPLAIN GNUGPL for details.
AIPS 1: Previous session command-line history recovered.
AIPS 1: TAB-key completions enabled, type HELP READLINE for details.
AIPS 1: Recovered POPS environment from last exit

>kleenex
AIPS 1: Begin check for any 'standard' scratch files
AIPS 1: ZOPEN: FILE DA01:CAD000000.002;      NOT FOUND
AIPS 1: DESCR: ERROR    1 DISK  1 SEARCHING CATALOG
AIPS 1: Scratch files -- destroyed:    0  still active:    0
AIPS 1: DESCR: encountered   1 errors in doing this
AIPS 1: ZOPEN: FILE DA01:CAD000000.002;      NOT FOUND
AIPS 1: User    2:   107 messages, oldest written 13-JAN-2015  15:22:04
AIPS 1: Deleted      0 messages
AIPS 1: Saved POPS environment in area named 'LASTEXIT'
ERROR  3 ON UNIT TTDEV02         , GETTING HOST/SERVICE BY NAME
 ZMSGOP: ZTTOPN RETURNS ERROR =   1 FOR LUN =   6
AIPS 1: Session command-line history saved.
AIPS 1: localhos 31DEC15 TST: Cpu=      0.0  Real=    215  IO=         2