[daip] [!6263]: aips - SAD: Questions

Robert H Gray do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Fri Feb 27 12:27:01 EST 2015

Robert H Gray updated #6263
---------------------------

SAD: Questions
--------------

           Ticket ID: 6263
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 26 February 2015 08:45 PM
             Updated: 27 February 2015 05:27 PM
      Resolution Due: 06 March 2015 08:45 PM (7d 3h 18m)

Hi!

Thanks a lot for your comments.

It sounds like both IMEAN and IMSTAT will set error codes when there are no valid pixels in an image, which seems to be the case in some of my channels.  But... since my proc is not successfully setting a Sigma threshold anyway... maybe I can work around this by not calling either IMEAN or IMSTAT and just running SAS on channel after channel... maybe it can tolerate no-valid-pixels.

One other question:  I'm doing this preliminary work remotely from a Windows machine that can't see AIPS TV, so I'm unable to do any data flagging (and know there is RFI in some cases, as with the above no-valid-pixels problem.  Can you suggest a AIPS-TV-less method for reviewing data for problems, such as a task that will write a view images that can be downloaded for inspection?

For fun I'm attaching some results from my Voyager 1 observation, which shows SAD working quite nicely to find distant radio signals (and not respond to several continuum sources in the field).

Thanks again,

Bob Gray