[daip] [!6202]: aips - AIPS won't start after cntl-C...

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Tue Feb 17 15:32:29 EST 2015

Eric Greisen updated #6202
--------------------------

                 Due: - Cleared - (was: 19 February 2015 06:54 PM)

AIPS won't start after cntl-C...
--------------------------------

           Ticket ID: 6202
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 15 February 2015 04:26 PM
             Updated: 17 February 2015 08:32 PM
      Resolution Due: 26 February 2015 06:54 PM (8d 22h 22m)

I do not understand all the details bu I think each "node"
is a separate individual computer taken from our large
collection of rack-mounted, diskless computers.  They all
access a cluster of disks run by a Lustre system which provides
vast amounts of disk.  Thus pointing at your data is probably
rather simple from whatever node you are assigned.  I just wanted
to make sure that you did not lose nay of your investment in images
and UV data.

Finding sources - the best task is SERCH.  Task SAD does one plane
at a time and would be painful to run on a cube.  It is very powerful
but limited to spatial Gaussians with no interest in the spectral
axis.

Look at Chapter 6 of the CookBook - pages 29 and perhaps 33 show
color pictures and all the essential adverbs of KNTR and LWPLA.  The
example shows a "RAINBOW" coloring - do EXPLAIN OFMFILE to see
a list of all colorings available.  (Note, if you were at a computer that
does aips TV then you could even make your own OFMFILE.)
RAINBOW is pretty generic (blue at low levels, full red at top) so start
with that.