[daip] [!6202]: aips - AIPS won't start after cntl-C...

Robert H Gray do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Tue Feb 17 13:54:33 EST 2015

Robert H Gray updated #6202
---------------------------

AIPS won't start after cntl-C...
--------------------------------

           Ticket ID: 6202
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 15 February 2015 04:26 PM
             Updated: 17 February 2015 06:54 PM

Hi Eric,

My data was still there under nm-7005; it has not needed to be moved as I go from one reservation node to another.  I still don't understand what a "node" is - if it is a machine (as it seems) I would expect the data to be lost when moving from one to another.

I still can't get KNTR/LWPLA to make color EPS files, can you give me a hint as to what is the trick?  The gray-scale plots look OK (sometimes look striped, but I think that's my fault using with some combinations of imsize and cellsize) - I want to color code the gray scale for better visibility on a monitor.

I am currently making a 8192 channel clean cube with IMAGR (14 hours run time), and my next step (I think) is to run a feature identification task like SAD on the cube to get a text file of positions and fitted Gaussian model amplitudes - then run statistics looking for narrow band features (maybe ignoring positions with continuum sources known from ch0).  You once suggested there were better tasks for spectral line data, but my review of the Cookbook (and modest experience with doing this in the past) makes SAD look like way to go.  Any thoughts?  I do have 30 fields to do this on, so much higher speed would help.

Thanks for your assistance!

Bob