[daip] [!6045]: aips - AIPS at AOC node, from remote Windows computer, by Linux newbee

Robert H Gray do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Thu Feb 12 18:15:54 EST 2015

Robert H Gray updated #6045
---------------------------

AIPS at AOC node, from remote Windows computer, by Linux newbee

           Ticket ID: 6045
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 26 January 2015 03:39 PM
             Updated: 12 February 2015 11:15 PM
      Resolution Due: 03 February 2015 03:40 PM

Hi Eric,

Thank you for the advice you have given me, both here and via Pat Palmer.

I finally managed to get things working remotely from a Windows environment - except TV, but I have a pretty fast way of retrieving EPS images one at a time.  I got a very nice clean image of Voyager 1 at 8.42 GHz yesterday, so I'm at least stumbling along with the procedures without falling off of any cliffs.

My question is... how do you make nice colorized grey-scale maps?  I don't find much in the cookbook, although I have ALMOST managed to do it with KNTR doing a grey scale and LWPLA  colorizing it... after many hours of studying the Cookbook, Help, Explain... and trying... but not quite got it.   I'm attaching two variations in the form 2003 MS .doc files with both the graphic and text output (if you have trouble opening them I could do it differently), but the situation is simple:

LWPLA with ofmfile 'RAINBOW', docolor 0 - produces the desired graphic, but with a bad barred background.
LWPLA with ofmfile 'RAINBOW', docolor 1 - produces the desired graphic, and good background, but no labels.

I used to write Fortran code and make big Calcomp plots, but I can't figure this out (and I've tried many other variations).  Any insight would be much appreciated!

Bob Gray