[daip] [!7748]: AIPS - Wrong definition of position angle in IRING

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Tue Dec 22 16:06:29 EST 2015

Eric Greisen updated #7748
--------------------------

Wrong definition of position angle in IRING

           Ticket ID: 7748
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 19 December 2015 09:15 PM
             Updated: 22 December 2015 09:06 PM
      Resolution Due: 30 December 2015 12:00 AM (7d 2h 53m)

I have now tried it and do not understand what I am seeing.
With position angle the negative of the correct value I see
a larger total flux (plot type 2) but I get even higher values
with position angle 90 degrees off of the correct.  I guess that
matches your ideas.  Wonder what went wrong in my geometry...??

More to follow.

Eric