[daip] [!7120]: AIPS - AIPS data area assignment

Matthew Rickert do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Thu Aug 20 13:11:17 EDT 2015

Matthew Rickert updated #7120
-----------------------------

AIPS data area assignment
-------------------------

           Ticket ID: 7120

Hi,

I'm trying to use aips on nmpost040, but when I try to start aips, after getting the standard request to choose your printer, I get:

START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.010
  (Using COAOARN-specific default file /home/AIPS/DA00/DADEVS.LIST.COAOARN for DADEVS.PL)
DADEVS.PL error - no disks selected at all
This is a FATAL error and nothing in AIPS will work.

START_AIPS: Cannot start AIPS because there are no defined data areas!
START_AIPS: (check DADEVS.LIST or .dadevs files, or AIPSASSN.\*)

I've checked, and the AIPS_ROOT is set to /home/AIPS (which is where all the aips files are).

I've also looked at /home/AIPS/DA00/DADEVS.LIST.COAOARN, and it's contents are mostly /DATA/... lines (but a cd to /DATA takes me no where), but also includes /home/AIPS/DATA/DAVE_1 and /home/AIPS/DATA/RISHI_1 lines, both of which areas exist

Please help,

Thank you,

Matthew Rickert (aoc rm 300)