[daip] [!7020]: AIPS - How to create flagged dataset externally for input to AIPS

Niruj Ramanujam do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Wed Aug 5 03:23:57 EDT 2015

Niruj Ramanujam updated #7020
-----------------------------

How to create flagged dataset externally for input to AIPS

           Ticket ID: 7020

I am trying out my own flagger routine outside of AIPS. I then need to bring the flagged data back into AIPS as a uv FITS file for further processing.

What is the optimal way to write the flagged FITS file ? The number of flags are too many to write a FG file, so can you tell me if the correct way is to put the weights to zero ? SPLITing a file after applying an FG table should be doing something similar, I suppose ?

Thanks
Niruj