[daip] TVLOCK errors

Wen-fai Fong wfong at email.arizona.edu
Thu Sep 18 15:02:47 EDT 2014

Hi,

I'm running AIPS and getting errors at start-up:

UNIXSERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSRVY on cfa-pipe-1
Begin the one true AIPS number 2 (release of 31DEC14) at priority =   0
 ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;      NOT FOUND
MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT OPEN
AIPS 1: ZDCHIN: NO NETSP ENTRY FOR DA01
 ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;      NOT FOUND
MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT OPEN
AIPS 1: ZDCHIN: NO NETSP ENTRY FOR DA02
AIPS 2: You are not on a local TV device, welcome stranger
AIPS 2: You are assigned TV device/server 261
AIPS 2: You are assigned graphics device/server 261
 ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;      NOT FOUND
MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT OPEN
AIPS 2: Enter user ID number
?TVSERVER: Starting AIPS TV locking, Unix (local) domain
UNIXSERVERS: Start XASY on cfa-pipe-1, DISPLAY localhost:0
UNIXSERVERS: Start graphics server TKSRVY on cfa-pipe-1, display localhost:0
UNIXSERVERS: Start message server MSSRVY on cfa-pipe-1, display localhost:0

 ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;      NOT FOUND
MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT OPEN

====
The MSGSRV and TEXSRV show up fine, as well as an empty TV window. When I
do "tvinit" or "tvflg", I get the error:

>> CFA-PI> TVFLG1: ZSSSL2 connect (UNIX) Permission denied
>> CFA-PI> TVFLG1: ZSSSLK: ERROR   1 ON LOCK
>> CFA-PI> TVFLG1: ON LOCK ERROR    6 FROM ZSSSLK
>> CFA-PI> TVFLG1: YTVOPN: TV LOCK OPEN ERROR      6
>> CFA-PI> TVFLG1: TV OPEN ERROR      6
>> CFA-PI> TVFLG1: CANNOT OPEN THE TV DEVICE: ERROR    6

=====

I tried googling this but was met with little success on how to deal with
the problem. Let me know how to proceed. thanks very much.

Wen-fai Fong