[daip] [!5514]: aips - -SFL projection

Trisha L Ashley do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Wed Sep 17 19:35:45 EDT 2014

Trisha L Ashley updated #5514
-----------------------------

-SFL projection
----------------

           Ticket ID: 5514
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 17 September 2014 11:35 PM
             Updated: 17 September 2014 11:35 PM
                 Due: 19 September 2014 11:35 PM (2d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 25 September 2014 11:35 PM (8d 0h 0m)

Hi,
I have an image from the GBT that has had its coordinates changed from Galactic Coordinates with a -GLS projection to RA and Dec with an -SFL projection with the recently updated IDL program HEULER.  I have checked the output coordinates from HEULER and they seem to be correct.  Next, I am trying to rotate the image in OGEOM, but AIPS does seem to understand the coordinate projection.  Even with simply mapping the -SFL projected image in KNTR I get the following warning message:
 ANGLE-PAIR AXES PROJECTION TYPE NOT RECOGNIZED '-SFL'.
I also noticed that the axes are way off in the images when it is displayed (by about 20 degrees one way and 100 degrees another).  The only way that I get the correct central pixel coordinate is to shift the reference pixel to the central pixel (the original file has the reference pixel is in the bottom-left corner), but AIPS still does not understand the coordinate projection, so the axes are still at the wrong angle.
I found out that CASA is the only program (out of AIPS, CASA, and Karma) that displays the correct axes for the image.  However, CASA does not seem to have the same capability to simultaneously rotate and shift a fits image (at least that I am aware of).  I cannot simply shift the reference pixel before rotating either (since CASA does seem to be capable of rotating an image), because this seems to throw off the projection entirely in CASA for some reason, giving me axes that increase in the wrong direction.
I would really like to complete the rotation in AIPS since I am more familiar with it and it has capabilities that CASA does not.  Is there something I can do to get AIPS to accept the projection?
Thank you for your time!