[daip] Aips Mac installation

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Sep 10 18:32:14 EDT 2014

On 09/10/2014 03:50 PM, Stavros Nonis wrote:
> Dear Dr. Eric Greisen,
> I am Stavros Nonis the phd student from Hellenic Open University. I
> really apologize
> bothering you again but and i would like your help about AIPS
> installation in mac OS. I make the installation properly (no error
> message appear) but when i start AIPS the following message appear
>
> airtoutsstavros:~ stavrosnonis$ cd AIPS/
>
> airtoutsstavros:AIPS stavrosnonis$ ./START_AIPS
>
> START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the
>
> START_AIPS:  - system name , AIPS type
>
> START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
>
> DADEVS.PL <http://DADEVS.PL>: This program is untested under Perl
> version 5.016
>
>    (Using global default file /Users/stavrosnonis/AIPS/DA00/DADEVS.LIST
> for DADEVS.PL <http://DADEVS.PL>)
>
>     Disk 1 (1) is /Users/stavrosnonis/AIPS/DATA/AIRTOUTSSTAVROS_1
>

> Tape assignments:
>
>     Tape 1 is REMOTE
>
>     Tape 2 is REMOTE
>
> START_AIPS: I am GUESSING you are at a workstation called airtoutsstavros
>
> START_AIPS: Starting TV servers on airtoutsstavros asynchronously
>
> START_AIPS:  - with Internet Sockets...
>
> START_AIPS: Starting TPMON daemons on AIRTOUTSSTAVROS asynchronously...
>
> Can't find /Users/stavrosnonis/AIPS/31DEC14/MACINT/LOAD/ZSTRTA.EXE
>
> airtoutsstavros:AIPS stavrosnonis$ DADEVS.PL <http://DADEVS.PL>: This
> program is untested under Perl version 5.016
>
> STARTPMON: [AIRTOUTSSTAVROS] Cannot find
> /Users/stavrosnonis/AIPS/31DEC14/MACINT/LOAD/TPMON.EXE

It is clear that the installation did not go correctly.  Did you do the
binary installation?  (perl install.pl -n)

With no load modules, the last part of the installation which runs
programs could not have worked, but the failure must have occurred
before then.  Try to do the installation again - it uses rsync and so
will not bother to download anything already downloaded.

Perhaps first go look at /Users/stavrosnonis/AIPS/31DEC14/MACINT/LOAD
and see if anything is there.