[daip] [!5721]: aips - TV not showing on high-res screens

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Thu Oct 30 11:55:52 EDT 2014

Eric Greisen updated #5721
--------------------------

                 Due: - Cleared - (was: 03 November 2014 02:47 PM)

TV not showing on high-res screens
----------------------------------

           Ticket ID: 5721
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 30 October 2014 01:07 PM
             Updated: 30 October 2014 03:55 PM
      Resolution Due: 07 November 2014 01:07 PM (7d 21h 11m)

I do not think we have reached the stage of shared memory
still.  XAS normally writes out lots of stuff and on your screen
it is silent.  Try outside of AIPS (start it and the CTRL-Z)

cd /tmp
ls
look for socket files LOK* MSS* TKS* XAS* there should be some
just created.

ps -elf | grep XAS
XAS should be running, TVSERV, TEKSRV, MSGSRV

Back in aips - run some task and see if its messages appear
in the message server window.  I do not like the locale messages
but they may relate to the xterms of the message server and TEK server.

Let me know what happens...

Eric