[daip] Fluxcal missing in the data

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Oct 29 13:48:19 EDT 2014

On 10/29/2014 11:02 AM, Kamble, Atish wrote:
> Dear Eric,
>
>     I asked about the first of these data sets.  The one you sent me is
>     very very complex and lengthy.  I see nothing in the BDFLIST about a
>     calcode 'N'.  Instead I see numerous different "config"s - BDF2AIPS
>     loads only one of these at a time to separate output data sets.
>     Perhaps that is the origin of the listed source with no records.
>

> I load one config at a time and the issue that I am trying to resolve
> appears with any given configuration. I just chose to inform one test
> case. The way I load a chosen config is as follows:

the output from BDF2AIPS is useful to read.  With DOKEEP=0, data taken
with mode P is viewed as pointing (which it is supposed to be)
BDFIn: info    20141029T113616 Drop online cal scan 048 subscan 001
BDFIn: info    20141029T113616 Drop online cal scan 049 subscan 001
and this is dropped.  BDFLIST on 11B-197 shows all of the 3C147 scans as
mode P but intents that are not pointing but instead bandpass, fluxcal, etc.

It is possible that the modes in older data are not consistent with the
modern understanding of what they should be.  DOKEEP=1 says keep
everything, but then you should check carefully the odd modes to make
sure that they are not pointing, gain setting, etc.

The data from 2011 June also has a lot of mode P data - some labeled as
UNSPECIFIED or POINTING but much of it labeled as calibrate_phase.