[daip] [!5694]: aips - FRING solutions always close to initial coarse estimation

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Thu Oct 23 16:26:44 EDT 2014

Eric Greisen updated #5694
--------------------------

       Staff (Owner): Eric Greisen (was: -- Unassigned --)
                 Due: - Cleared - (was: 27 October 2014 03:09 PM)

FRING solutions always close to initial coarse estimation

           Ticket ID: 5694
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 23 October 2014 03:09 PM
             Updated: 23 October 2014 08:26 PM
      Resolution Due: 31 October 2014 03:09 PM (7d 18h 42m)

This is rather a mystery.  I tried your data in FRING and it does
what you say.  Then I tried KRING and I had to fix some bad logic
in the code having to do with DOFIT.  That code fix will be in
tomorrow's MNJ.  At that point KRING will get you proper answers.
I will keep looking at FRING to see if I can figure out why it quits
so easily...

Cheers