[daip] [!4918]: aips - CLPLT & gdb

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Wed Jul 9 12:23:26 EDT 2014

Eric Greisen updated #4918
--------------------------

                 Due: - Cleared - (was: 09 July 2014 11:12 PM)

CLPLT & gdb
-----------

           Ticket ID: 4918
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 13 May 2014 08:45 PM
             Updated: 09 July 2014 04:23 PM

14413.  July 9, 2014    VPLOT, ANBPL, CAPLT, CLPLT        Eric
        These 4 tasks could lose track of the user's fixed plot scales
        and gradually expand them in plot row after plot row.  Added
        an array, set at the beginning, and then used to provide the
        fixed scales each time they are needed.  The adverbs are
        filled in with the actual values used since they are part of
        the plot file header and found by PLGET.
        Moved nowhere.

Tomorrow's MNJ in 31DEC14.

I do not know about the gdb issues.  One has to compile the task
DEBUG NOOPT and link with libraries that are also compiled DEBUG NOOPT
if one wants to run properly with a debugger.  Also the *.f files from
these compiles must still be present.  In that case, gdb has worked fine for
me but you are using a more modern compiler than I have used.  You
might check the version of gdb versus the version of gfortran to make
sure they are compatible.  My gdb even works, slightly oddly, with
tasks compiled by the Intel compiler.