[daip] [!4230]: aips - Missing CBD* files

Scott Hyman do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Fri Jan 10 14:01:37 EST 2014

Scott Hyman updated #4230
-------------------------

Missing CBD* files
------------------

           Ticket ID: 4230
                 SLA: ALMA E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 10 January 2014 07:01 PM
             Updated: 10 January 2014 07:01 PM
                 Due: 14 January 2014 07:01 PM (4d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 21 January 2014 07:01 PM (11d 0h 0m)

Hi Eric,

Awhile back I backed up all my AIPS data files to make room for some large temporary files. When I reloaded the backed up files, I discovered that there were many CBD* files missing.  For example:

>getn 3
AIPS 1: Got(1)   disk= 1  user=2025   type=UV   TGC.SPLIT.1
>imh
AIPS 1: ZOPEN: FILE DA01:CBD003001.1K9;      NOT FOUND
AIPS 1: FILE MISSING

I looked on the back-up disk and indeed those file are not there, also.  Following the thread in which you helped someone else with missing CBD files, I searched for similarly named files but, e.g., for the case above, there are no CBD003* files at all. Somehow I must not have backed them up in the first place.  However, I thought I'd check with you just in case.  Also, what are CBD files?  Calibration tables? Are there any tasks that can be run without them?

Thanks,
Scott