[daip] [!4505]: aips - FRING and combined-IF solutions: rates in mHz or sec/sec

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Mon Feb 24 17:01:08 EST 2014

Eric Greisen updated #4505
--------------------------

                 Due: - Cleared - (was: 26 February 2014 05:30 PM)

FRING and combined-IF solutions: rates in mHz or sec/sec

           Ticket ID: 4505
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 14 February 2014 12:10 AM
             Updated: 24 February 2014 10:01 PM
      Resolution Due: 27 February 2014 12:12 AM (2d 2h 11m)

1) SNPLT (OPCO=IFDF) now plots no difference in rates (in Hz) between the IFs if the SN-table entries (in sec/sec) are independent of IF.

This statement cannot be right - the SN rates you have shown me are dependent on IF and my fix should have made the displayed rates in SNPLT in mHz not depend on IF.  I think you meant dependent not independent in the last phrase.

FRING has always fit for parameters as it is now fitting.  Believe me - I have changed how data are fed to the fitter but I have neither the knowledge nor the inclination to change the fitter.  Thus if it fits in Hz now it has always fit in Hz (since Bill left AIPS anyway in about 1994).

I have yet to look at SNSMO and what you report is most curious.

I think I will need a TASAV file with the initial SN table from FRING in order to test things.  I have o data with real rates.