[daip] [!4450]: aips - Several minor issues concerning usage of the RGB image for a background plane in KNTR

Blazej S. Nikiel-Wroczynski do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Sun Feb 9 04:34:49 EST 2014

Blazej S. Nikiel-Wroczynski updated #4450

Several minor issues concerning usage of the RGB image for a background plane in KNTR

           Ticket ID: 4450
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 09 February 2014 09:34 AM
             Updated: 09 February 2014 09:34 AM
                 Due: 12 February 2014 12:00 AM (2d 14h 26m)
      Resolution Due: 18 February 2014 12:00 AM (8d 14h 26m)

Dear NRAO Support,

I have recently tried to enhance my radio maps by adding a colour background map instead of a grey one. Overall, it was not very problematic, but I have ran into some problems that I can not solve and therefore I would like to kindly ask for your help. A short list of issues is presented below:

1) When I try to use KNTR to make an overlay of the radio data on the RGB image, I got a message that the input axes are not coincident - axis 3 (sequence). I tried to work it around by making a three-plane radio image (using one image three times) - but then I get three images in the output PL/PS file. How can I produce just one?
2) I tried to use the PCNTR task, but it is not able to produce the background image, returning an error: the file is currently opened in FTAB. How can I get through it?
3) The colours in the PS file made by LWPLA are significantly different than those in outputs of both KNTR DOTV=1 and TVRGB. They seem to be much darker; FUNCTYPEs are both set to empty, and the RGBGAMMA and DOCOLOR in LWPLA are default. Is there a possibility to get an exact projections of the colours from TVRGB in the PS file?

I would be very thankful for any hints.

Looking forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience,

Blazej Nikiel-Wroczynski