[daip] [!5864]: aips - SPECTRAL LINE: IMLIN and CONVOLVE CUBE in AIPS

Yogesh Chandola do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Wed Dec 10 12:52:16 EST 2014

Yogesh Chandola updated #5864
-----------------------------

SPECTRAL LINE: IMLIN and CONVOLVE  CUBE in AIPS

           Ticket ID: 5864
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 10 December 2014 05:52 PM
             Updated: 10 December 2014 05:52 PM
                 Due: 12 December 2014 05:52 PM (2d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 18 December 2014 05:52 PM (8d 0h 0m)

Hi,

I have two queries.

(1) First one is about subtracting continuum from HI cube with IMLIN (I am using this as UVLIN didn't work quite well). I first transposed .IIM cube into .TRANS with 312 axes, and then run IMLIN on .TRANS cube. My question is, how to view continuum subtracted spectra afterwards with ISPEC or some other task ?

(2) Second query is, I want to convolve my dirty HI cube with larger beam. So, what parameters I should give in the task CONVOLVE ? Do I need to something else before I run CONVOLVE like primary beam correction with PBCOR ?

Thanks,

Yogesh