[daip] Invalid Tsys values not recognized.

R. Craig Walker cwalker at nrao.edu
Sat Aug 30 23:22:25 EDT 2014

I have a TY table from TA035B (Aug 14 data using the DDC) that has some
entries that appear to be flagged as bad.  The values, according to PRTAB
and LISTR, are 999.00.  They are not getting recognized as bad.  These are
the first Tsys of the project in RR for antennas 5 and 6.  They appear to
get used in calibration, probably with that value as there are clear
spurious amplitudes at the time in question.  Something needs to be done
to either avoid such values, or have them recognized properly.

Data set is on noatak disk 3 (/home/noatak2/AIPS/DA01)
AIPS 2:  288  450 TA035B_VLBA .TASAV .    1 UV 30-AUG-2014 21:12:21
(the original MULTI file has been subjected to editing of the TY table).

This problem rings a bell so I think we've seen it before.  Apparently it
has not been addressed.

Cheers,

Craig

    R. Craig Walker            Array Operations Center
    cwalker at nrao.edu           National Radio Astronomy Observatory
    Phone  575 835 7247        P. O. Box O
    Fax    575 835 7027        Socorro NM 87801   USA