[daip] [!3814]: aips - 'ERROR 5 COPYING CATBLK' error running USUBA

Keith W Bannister do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Wed Sep 4 19:12:25 EDT 2013

Keith W Bannister updated #3814
-------------------------------

'ERROR  5 COPYING CATBLK' error running USUBA

           Ticket ID: 3814
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 04 September 2013 11:12 PM
             Updated: 04 September 2013 11:12 PM
                 Due: 05 September 2013 11:12 PM (1d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 06 September 2013 11:12 PM (2d 0h 0m)

Hi,

(I'm a complete AIPS/VLBA/VLBI newbie.)

I'm trying to reduce some L-band, continuum VLBA observations taken in a subarray-model

My subarraying scheme is as follows: The reference antenna (LA) watches
a strong calibrator for the entire time. Simultaneously, each of the
subarrays observes the source for 1 min, and joins LA on the calibrator
for 45 seconds. At the end, we observe the calibrator with the full
array (for fringe fitting) and a check pulsar.

This is achieved in the key file as in shown [1].

The subarraying is performed to ensure we don't miss a short burst that might occur any time during the observations, while keeping the array calibrated.

I'd to make an image using all the subarrays/frequencies at once
VLBAPIPE doesn't appear to let me specify subarrays. I've managed to
load the data with FITLD which, while printing everything out,
recommends I use USUBA to specify the subarrays.

When I do USUBA with optype='scan' USUBA complains with 'ERROR  5
COPYING CATBLK' [2]

Q1- Should I be using USUBA or doing something else?
Q2- What am I doing wrong to make USUBA be so unhappy?
Q3- Can I still use VLBAPIPE, or should I use something else?

Thanks in advance,

Keith

[1]

! refant = LA
! arr1 = BR, PT, HN
! arr2 = OV, FD, SC
! arr3 = KP, NL

! Repeat the set of scans 10 times = 30 mintes
group 6 repeat 10

! Arr1 calibrating while arr2, arr3 on source
Source = J2339+6010  Dwell = 00:45 stations = LA, BR, PT, HN /
Source = GCNT28 Dwell = 1:00 stations = OV, FD, SC, KP, NL /

! Arr2 calibrating while arr1, arr3 on source
Source = J2339+6010  Dwell = 00:45 stations = LA, OV, FD, SC /
Source = GCNT28 Dwell = 1:00 stations = BR, PT, HN, KP, NL /

! Arr3 calibrating while arr1, arr2 on source
Source = J2339+6010  Dwell = 00:45 stations = LA, KP, NL /
Source = GCNT28 Dwell = 1:00 stations = BR, PT, HN, OV, FD, SC /

! Start using full array again - for final observations
stations = LA, BR, PT, HN, OV, FD, SC, KP, NL

! Observe calibrator
Source =  J2339+6010  Dwell = 2:00 /

! Observe bright pulsar as a check
Source = B0329+54      Dwell   = 2:00 /

[2]
draco > USUBA1: Task USUBA  (release of 31DEC11) begins
draco > USUBA1: You are using a non-standard program
draco > USUBA1: CATIO: CATBLK   2 IN USE, CAN'T CHANGE STATUS
draco > USUBA1: ERROR  5 COPYING CATBLK
draco > USUBA1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
draco > USUBA1: draco        31DEC11 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0

Staff CP:  https://help.nrao.edu/staff