[daip] [!4000]: aips - SPLIT and BPASS troubles in 31DEC13

Adam T Deller do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Wed Oct 30 03:35:29 EDT 2013

Adam T Deller updated #4000
---------------------------

SPLIT and BPASS troubles in 31DEC13
-----------------------------------

           Ticket ID: 4000
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 29 October 2013 10:45 AM
             Updated: 30 October 2013 07:35 AM

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the quick response.  About the CL table, it was produced in a standard way, just with 'CALI' rather than 'CALP' during CLCAL, so I don't think it was really 'nonstandard'.

Perhaps you could clear up a question I have about CALP/CALI (since I don't think this is in the CLCAL documentation): Say there is only 1 source in the dataset, and for that source I have solutions for 9 out of 10 antennas, but one antenna was bad and had no solutions at any time.  For another antenna, there are 30 minutes without solutions, and I have CUTOFF set to 10 minutes.  If I use CALP, with baselines to these bad antennas antenna (at the bad timeranges) be passed through uncorrected, or will they be flagged?  I want them to be flagged (since the antenna is bad), which is why I have been using CALI, but if CALP does the same thing then there is probably no reason for me not to use that.  But the documentation on CALI/CALP refers only to entire sources, not to e.g. antennas or timeranges longer than CUTOFF for a source that otherwise does have solutions, which is why I have been conservative and used CALI.

Cheers,
Adam