[daip] How do I check that a BD table has been applied

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Oct 10 15:39:29 EDT 2013

On 10/10/2013 8:37 AM, Hans-Rainer Kloeckner wrote:
> Dear all, Dear Eric,
>
> is there a way to check if a BD table produced by the task BLCHN has
> been applied.
>

> So I have copied the BD table from the file used in BLCHN to my
> original file (single source data) and would like to apply this by
> using SPLAT or SPLIT.
>
> Now if I use BLVER 1 in split or splat I get the following output
>

> SPLAT2: Task SPLAT  (release of 31DEC12) begins
> SPLAT2: Nothing to assemble because the data are single source
> SPLAT2: UVGET: doing no flagging this time
> SPLAT2: Create EDATA       .BDCAL .   1 (UV)  on disk  1  cno    3
> SPLAT2:      2650 Visibilities written
> SPLAT2: New NX table written
> SPLAT2: Copied BD file from vol/cno/vers  1    1   1 to  1    3   1
> SPLAT2: Copied AN file from vol/cno/vers  1    1   1 to  1    3   1
> SPLAT2: Appears to have ended successfully
> SPLAT2: localhos 31DEC12 TST: Cpu=      0.1  Real=      1  IO=        13
>

> and the history file shows
>

>   9269  SPLAT RELEASE ='31DEC12 '  /********* Start 10-OCT-2013   16:19:52
>   9270  SPLAT INNAME='EDATA       '   INCLASS='UVDATA'
>   9271  SPLAT INSEQ=    1   INDISK=  1
>   9272  SPLAT OUTNAME='EDATA       '   OUTCLASS='BDCAL '
>   9273  SPLAT OUTSEQ=    1   OUTDISK=  1
>   9274  SPLAT /TIMERANG = beginning to end
>   9275  SPLAT STOKES = '    ' / Stokes type
>   9276  SPLAT BIF =   1, EIF =   1/ IF range
>   9277  SPLAT BCHAN =   1, ECHAN =  90/ Chan range
>   9278  SPLAT SUBARRAY =   0
>   9279  SPLAT APARM(7) = 0.00 / => assemble selected sources
>   9280  SPLAT Avgd: Start, Stop, Inc     1   90  1  IF=  1
>   9281  SPLAT BL table  -1 applied to data
> AIPS 1: ** press RETURN for more, enter Q or next line to quit print **
> #
>  localhos  AIPS (31DEC12)    815     10-OCT-2013  16:35:58    Page    7
> History file for EDATA       .BDCAL .    1 with   9285 entries
>   9282  SPLAT Weights not calibrated
>   9283  SPLAT  /     2650 Visibilities written
>

> NOW I guess the table has not been applied. If I'm right is there a
> way I can apply the BD table?
>

> Thanks in advance and greetings from Bonn
>
> Hans

> Hans-Rainer Kloeckner
> Max-Planck-Institut fuer Radioastronomie
> Auf dem Huegel 69
> 53121 Bonn
> Germany
> +49 (0)228 525-314
> hrk at mpifr-bonn.mpg.de <mailto:hrk at mpifr-bonn.mpg.de>

BLCHN is different from other tasks.  It writes out a data set with the
BD table
applied.  The normal cal routines do not know about BD tables and cannot
apply them.  Using SPLIT etc will not work.  You need the UV data set
written
by BLCHN.  I suspect that this may cause issues if you want to determine the
BD with one source but apply it to all.  Since NRAO employees are not even
supposed to answer e-mails (and we are locked out of our offices and work
computers) there is little I can do about this at present.