[daip] [!3966]: aips - AIPS weights

Henrik Junklewitz do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Fri Oct 4 12:54:23 EDT 2013

Henrik Junklewitz updated #3966
-------------------------------

AIPS weights
------------

           Ticket ID: 3966
                 SLA: ALMA E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 04 October 2013 04:54 PM
             Updated: 04 October 2013 04:54 PM
                 Due: 09 October 2013 04:54 PM (5d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 15 October 2013 04:54 PM (11d 0h 0m)

Dear helpdesk,

I have a question concerning the weights derived from antenna and system specifics, which I can find in a uvfits file from a VLA observation. Do I understand correctly that these weights are defined as the inverse square of the estimated standard deviation of the total thermal noise on a specific uv-data point? And if yes, are they given in a default unit (like Jy or mJy?)?

With best regards,

Henrik Junklewitz