[daip] [!4069]: aips - AIPS build fails on LNX64 with GNU compilers

David L Terrett do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Thu Nov 14 06:11:49 EST 2013

David L Terrett updated #4069
-----------------------------

AIPS build fails on LNX64 with GNU compilers

           Ticket ID: 4069
                 SLA: ALMA E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 14 November 2013 11:11 AM
             Updated: 14 November 2013 11:11 AM
                 Due: 18 November 2013 11:11 AM (4d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 25 November 2013 11:11 AM (11d 0h 0m)

I am attempting to build AIPS 31DEC13 from source on a 64bit Linux system (because parts of AIPS may be used in building a prototype for the Square Kilometre Array data processing and this will mean running AIPS on various sorts of exotic HPC systems). I don't have the Intel compilers so I change FORT, CCOM etc. to the GNU compilers and set FORTOPT etc to match those for LINUX.

1) TVX fails to build because it tries to use the compiler options for the Intel compiler. This looks like a bug in install.pl which modifies the Makefile to use gcc but does not modify the options. (I can fix this myself of course).

2) POPSGN dies with:

ZTCLOSE: INVALID LUN = 0
SEVERE INPUT ERROR      4        0

The compiler version is 4.7.2
FORT = /usr/bin/gfortran
CCOM = /usr/bin/gcc
LINK = /usr/bin/gfortran
FORTOPTS = -c -fno-automatic -fno-globals -Wno-globals -Wimplicit -Wall
CCOMOPTS = -c -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops -I/home/dlt87/SKA/AIPS/31DEC13/INC -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DHAVE_LINUX_GLIBC