[daip] [!4042]: aips - PBCOR

Lynn D Matthews do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Wed Nov 13 17:12:02 EST 2013

Lynn D Matthews updated #4042
-----------------------------

PBCOR
-----

           Ticket ID: 4042
                 SLA: ALMA E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 07 November 2013 04:08 PM
             Updated: 13 November 2013 10:12 PM
      Resolution Due: 18 November 2013 11:08 PM (5d 0h 55m)

I have gone back to the two original multi-source files and examined the SU table.
I have discovered that for both observing dates, RA/DECAPP = RA/DECOBS, and these
are different from RA/DECEPO.

I have examined other EVLA data I have on disk from two other programs and encounter three different cases; some like the above, some where RA/DECOBS=RA/DECEPO, and finally the case where RA/DECOBS=0.0

The others were high-frequency data that did not require PBCOR so I never encountered any manifestation of this until now.

Might the problem be originating in Obit? I know there should be ways to extract information directly from the relevant ASDM tables, but I don't know how to do it.

Lynn