[daip] CG table oddity

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu May 16 16:53:43 EDT 2013

R. Craig Walker wrote:
> I did a multi-resolution clean.  Later I did a CCRES, and it said it
> copied the CC and CG tables.  I wasn't sure what the CG table was, so I
> looked at it with PRTAB.  It apparently contains the original resolution.
> But it also has a TABREV number which I'll guess should be some sort of
> table revision number, and likely should be a small integer or decimal
> number.  Instead it is
>    TABREV   =  2.1219957909658-311
> Looks uninitialized to me.  Just thought you'd like to know.  I don't see
> that it is causing problems.
>
> I note that CCRES keeps the CG table, but not the CC table despite what it
> says while running:
> CCRES1 22:05:53 Create 3C274_98A_43.MRES  .2176 (MA)  on disk  5  cno  334
> CCRES1 22:05:53 Copied CC file from vol/cno/vers  5  326   1 to  5  334   1
> CCRES1 22:05:53 Copied CG file from vol/cno/vers  5  326   1 to  5  334   1
>
> Does it delete the CC table after the "S+A" operation

NO - but it loses it from the header.  It is sitting on disk waiting for
bad things to happen (sigh...)

This is a consequence of OOP code which squirrels headers in odd places
and then gets them there rather than from disk.  i found that if I
reverse the order of the copies (CC from IN2nAME, rest from INNAME) then
everything gets remembered.  So that fix will be in tomorrow's MNJ too.

Eric