[daip] Fwd: [Ticket#109190064315] AIPS does not compute correctly

RZ Support rz-support at mpifr-bonn.mpg.de
Mon Mar 25 07:56:40 EDT 2013

To whom it may concern,

can you help us with the matter described below?

Thanks in advance
Jan Behrend

--
MAX-PLANCK-INSTITUT für Radioastronomie
Rechenzentrum
rz-support at mpifr-bonn.mpg.de
[1]https://rzwiki.mpifr-bonn.mpg.de
--

---- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von caromora at mpifr-bonn.mpg.de ---

 The problem is when I run the task COMB,
Opcode: 'POLC' to calculate the polarized intensities. It is suppose to
compute a noise correction which corrects for the bias introduced when
combining the Stokes Q and U images. It does not seem to take this noise
correction into account so I get only positive noise values, when I am
suppose to get both positive and negative noise values. I have done this
many times in AIPS and it has worked perfectly before. I had this same
problem last year when running ''AIPS'', but I switched to ''AIPS NEW''
and it was working fine. For some strange reason it has stopped working
in ''AIPS NEW'' but I only noticed about a week ago. I asked a colleague
to try running the same task in his computer and it also doesn't work
properly on his.

 ---- Ende der weitergeleiteten Nachricht ---

[1] https://rzwiki.mpifr-bonn.mpg.de