[daip] [Fwd: Re: BB310B data]

Andreas Brunthaler brunthal at mpifr-bonn.mpg.de
Thu Mar 21 07:10:13 EDT 2013

Hi Amy,

thanks for looking into this. Is this only a problem of the SU table in
AIPS, or does this mean that this was also used during correlation?

BTW, I'll be in Socorro from next week until the end of the Casa workshop.

See you soon,
Andreas

On 03/20/2013 11:19 PM, Amy Mioduszewski wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> So the good news is that I replicated the problem, the bad news is that
> the error goes away if I run aips in debug mode or compile the program
> without optimization.  So this sounds like a memory issue, which are
> notoriously difficult to find.  I will continue to work on it, but do
> you know a work around?  You could either use TBOUT/TBIN to change the
> -1 to 2000 or use TABED to fix the correct columns/rows.
>
> Amy
>
> Data Analysts wrote:

>> Re: BB310B data
>> From:
>> Andreas Brunthaler <brunthal at mpifr-bonn.mpg.de>
>> Date:
>> Tue, 19 Mar 2013 13:15:00 +0100
>> To:
>> analysts at aoc.nrao.edu
>>
>> To:
>> analysts at aoc.nrao.edu
>>

>> Hi Meri,
>>
>> I noticed something strange in the geodetic data. In the SU-table the
>> EPOCH is set to -1, and not 2000 as it should be. The other files are
>> ok. Any idea what happened?
>>
>> Andreas
>>
>> On 02/21/2013 10:44 PM, analysts at aoc.nrao.edu wrote:
>>> Dear PI,
>>>
>>> We have examined the data for project BB310B which observed on 28
>>> Jan. 2013.
>>> The contact person for this project was Data Analysts.
>>>
>>> Preliminary notes and information:
>>>
>>> OV: On geodedic setup, x-band appears dead, apparently the arm did
>>> not move into position.
>>> EB: On geodedic setup, S-band appears dead.
>>>
>>> 1. All observers should visit http://www.vlba.nrao.edu/astro/messages/
>>>     for important messages.
>>>
>>> 2. For possible problems and additional information which may have
>>>     affected this observation, please consult the VLBA System Monitoring
>>>     page located at the Internet URL:
>>>     http://www.vlba.nrao.edu/astro/VOBS/astronomy/vlba_sysmon.html
>>>     Select (click on) the link for the 2013 VLBA System Monitoring
>>> Calendar.
>>>     Then select (click on) the monitoring project code(s) 'DQ***'
>>>     that observed during the concurrent week for this
>>>     observation.  This will display the selected monitoring project
>>> directory
>>>     where a report summary named monitor.txt can be viewed or retrieved.
>>>     This directory also contains useful plots under reference antenna
>>>     subdirectories.
>>>
>>> 3. Access to the file server is provided to view and retrieve text
>>> and PostScript files,
>>>     This can be reached through the VLBA homepage at
>>> http://www.vlba.nrao.edu/astro/VOBS/astronomy/
>>>
>>> 4. Disk weights versus time plots have been generated for the entire
>>> time range
>>>     of your experiment. These are a measure of disk record/playback
>>> quality,
>>>     representing the fraction of valid data samples. Data with
>>> weights below
> [...]

  Andreas Brunthaler
  Max-Planck-Institut fuer Radioastronomie

  Auf dem Huegel 69            Tel.   :  +49 228 525 377
  53121 Bonn                   Fax    :  +49 228 525 229
  Germany                      e-mail :  brunthal at mpifr-bonn.mpg.de