[daip] strange DELAY error

Andrew Biggs abiggs at eso.org
Mon Mar 11 17:40:37 EDT 2013

Hi there. I've recently been experiencing quite a few instances of the
following error when I try and, say, TVLOD an image:

AIPS 2: ZMI2: DELAY 1
AIPS 2: ZMI2: DELAY 2
AIPS 2: ZMI2: REQUEST FOR BYTES 1 THRU = 524288
AIPS 2: ZMI2: BEYOND EOF = 262144
AIPS 2: ZMIO: OPER=READ LUN=16 BLKNO=           1 8-BIT-BYTES=524288
AIPS 2: ZERROR: IN ZMI2 ERRNO = 22 (Invalid argument)
AIPS 2: TVLOAD: MINIT DISK I/O ERROR =     3

This seems to be related to having earlier run CCEDT on the image - a
missing CC table somehow seems to result e.g. 1 and 3 are there, but not 2.

Do you have any idea what might be causing this? Can the image be
recovered?

Cheers,

Andy