[daip] lv plot

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Jun 21 17:43:57 EDT 2013

zadeh wrote:
> Hi Eric,
> Hope all is well. I know it has been a problem to get an lv plot easily
> in aips.
> Is there a new task that does a plot of velocity over a line drawn on a
> figure.
> Basically, I have a cube and need to have a plot of velocity vs angular
> size for a line with different position angle.
>
> I appreciate if there is a new task made in aips.
> Farhad

Plotting LV diagrams has always been easy in AIPS.  TRANS the image so
the V is on the X or Y axis and then run any of KNTR, CNTR, GREYS, etc.

That much of your e-mail I understand - the rest has lost me.  Are you
wanting to draw an arbitrary line in 3 dimensions (somehow) and get a
slice or something of the image intensities along that line.  And then
where does angular size come in - that is a measurement off an image not
part of the image?