[daip] New Ticket - [!AVV-770206]: setting up aips to use multiple CPU cores

Nikta Amiri do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Wed Jun 19 12:04:06 EDT 2013

New Ticket: setting up aips to use multiple CPU cores

Hello,

I am running AIPS on my MAC OSX (mountain lion, version 10.8.3). I am working on a large HSA data set about 500 GB size. AIPS tasks run very slow on my machine and I have found that aips does not use all cpu cores in my machine. I have attached a screenshot of the memory specifications of my machine as well as a screenshot from activity monitor where it shows that several CPU cores are not being used by aips.

Coud you please let me know if there is any way that I can set up aips to use all cpu cores in my machine, so that it can run faster?

Thank you,
Nikta

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: AVV-770206