[daip] Split CSLGET error

Arnaud Collioud Arnaud.Collioud at obs.u-bordeaux1.fr
Fri Jun 7 09:19:02 EDT 2013

Dear Eric,

> Your answer confuses me - Nov 28 can only be Nov 28, 2012 (or earlier years) and they have nothing to do with aips version 31DEC13 which began in December 2012.  I am assuming that you are now running 31DEC13.  BUT and this is very important - have you run the MNJ to make sure that your current version of 31DEC13 is in fact current with ours?  I asked you to do that and you have not said that you did.

Yes, I am using 31DEC13. I just ran the MNJ today (7 June 07:15 UTC).
As you supposed, the previous split was made the 28 November 2012 with 31DEC12. My mistake!

> Yes - I have changed the calibration application routines so that they will not apply the calibration for source X to source Y.  This has exposed numerous difficulties in how the calibration application was previously coded.  One attribute of this - if your CL table lacks calibrations for some sources, then they will now fail as you show above, while previously CL values for some other source might be used and so the source would seem to have worked.  Note that CL table entries often contain values which depend on source (elevation gain corrections, source position and antenna position corrections, etc) - so it is incorrect to apply the CL values for one source to another.

Thanks for the explanation. I now understand the reason why I probably have less split files.
So I must have CL entries for each source (if possible) in order to have a split file.
I must carefully check my BS table since the corrections I use come from MK4IN.

> I have another user who is claiming difficulties different from yours but indicating that there may still be problems with this code.  Your difficulties however suggest that you do not have the latest version.

I will make some tests (especially starting from scratch with 31DEC13). I will keep you informed about my progresses.

Best regards,
Arnaud