[daip] New Ticket - [!VLA-977994]: Strange "feature" of IMAGR wrt UV-workfiles

Michael Bietenholz do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Wed Jun 5 16:52:13 EDT 2013

New Ticket: Strange "feature" of IMAGR wrt UV-workfiles

By mistake I ran IMAGR with

IN2NAME    '3C48_C' ; INCL 'MODEL'

These values were left over from a CALIB and pointed to a CALRD model image.  IMAGR runs fine.  It warns you that its "Deleting old work file" and then wipes out your CALRD image and replaces it with its work file.  I was very confused when I noticed that my CALRD image was in fact a UV file.  Not really *wrong* behavior but a little dangerous.   Might be safer if IMAGR were NOT allowed to overwrite workfiles which don't look like workfiles.  In the rare instances when you need this, you can just delete the offending workfile by hand.

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: VLA-977994
Department: AIPS Data Processing
Link:  https://help.nrao.edu/staff/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=viewticket&ticketid=3329