[daip] calibration question

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Jul 26 15:40:38 EDT 2013

Lynn D. Matthews wrote:

I am working on a JVLA proposal where we would very much like to use a
bright maser line to self-calibrate the phases of the weak continuum
emission from the targets. This approach worked beautifully with the old
VLA. But now with an 8 GHz bandwidth, one would have to worry about
scaling the phase corrections with frequency. Is there a means to do
this AIPSwise? Are there any other concerns that would make this not
advisable?

Your heldesk ticket is now somewhere in the system beyond my reach. so I
am bypassing the helpdesk.

Vivek suggested that I write a task to convert an SN table from phase to
(effectively) multi-band delay.  Basically it will take each phase in
the SN table and change it to a delay Delay = phase / freq_0 where
freq_0 is the frequency of your maser line.  I will probably write that
task this afternoon, but I may have little with which to test it.

  Cheers

Eric