[daip] New Staff Reply - [!HQF-777857]: Error Message on 21 Sept. 2012 Q band data

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Fri Jul 26 10:19:03 EDT 2013

New Staff Reply: Error Message on 21 Sept. 2012 Q band data

The message means just what it says.  There is an antenna
file that has no data for some antenna numbered <= the
highest antenna number that actually occurs in the antenna
file.  That is not common for VLA data since even OUT antennas
usually have a not-very-informative record in the antenna
table.  TVFLG has an option to sort by baseline length (in a
general sort of way) so if antenna N lacks position info, the task
does not know how to sort it.  This is why a message is given.
One hopes that the missing antenna has no data so that there is
no real issue.  Use PRTAN to see what antennas occur (or PRTAB),
then make sure that any missing one has no data.

If you want help with this, send me the PRTAN and/or PRTAB output.
If you find the missing antenna and find that it has data in your
data set, then I really want to know more about the data set and
by what route you acquired it.

Eric Greisen

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: HQF-777857