[daip] TEKSRV MSGSRV and TV errors

Sachiko Onodera sachiko.onodera at meisei-u.ac.jp
Mon Jul 15 09:33:34 EDT 2013

I have mistaken the error message obtained by my student.
the correct message is shown below:

tsuda at galaxy:~$ /home/aips/START_AIPS
START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the
START_AIPS:  - system name , AIPS type

START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.014
  (Using global default file /home/aips/DA00/DADEVS.LIST for DADEVS.PL)
   Disk 1 (1) is /home/aips/DATA/GALAXY_1

Tape assignments:
   Tape 1 is REMOTE
   Tape 2 is REMOTE

START_AIPS: I am GUESSING you are at a workstation called galaxy
START_AIPS: Starting TV servers on galaxy asynchronously
START_AIPS:  - with Internet Sockets...
START_AIPS: Starting TPMON daemons on GALAXY asynchronously...
Starting up 31DEC12 AIPS with normal priority
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC12) at priority =   0
AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server   1
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server   1
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.014
XASERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSERV on galaxy
TVSERVER: Starting AIPS TV locking, Inet domain
XASERVERS: Start XAS on galaxy, DISPLAY :0
XAS: cannot connect to X server :0
XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on galaxy, DISPLAY :0
xterm: Xt error: Can't open display: :0
XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on galaxy, DISPLAY :0
xterm: Xt error: Can't open display: :0
STARTPMON: [GALAXY] Starting TPMON1 with output SUPPRESSED

How can he fix this?

Thanks,
Sachiko Onodera

Sachiko Onodera