[daip] New Staff Reply - [!QHQ-880861]: CL tables with no entries for a source

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Fri Feb 15 11:29:14 EST 2013

New Staff Reply: CL tables with no entries for a source

I am curious how this arises - it is very much a no-no.
On the other hand Cl table values are derived by interpolations
from all sort of places from all sorts of sources (depending
on the settings in CLCAL).  But all tasks assume that every
source has CL table entries at the start and end of each scan
and in the middle too is the scan is long enough.

My bet is, if I can trap this, that all tasks should die and
demand that you fix the CL table and restart.  The routines
that get the calibration are not looking at source and do not
care about source.  The assumption about CL entries covers
any worry about cross-source cals and I do not think I want to
give that up.  It is true that mis-use of CLCAL can cause issues
of incompleteness and I do plan to change defaults there (but am
waiting for Fraser to make detailed recommendations re his
frequent complaints).

Eric

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: QHQ-880861