[daip] problem opening AIPS-TV

Kamble, Atish akamble at cfa.harvard.edu
Tue Dec 3 14:05:25 EST 2013

Hi,

I am working on "/lustre/cfa-pipe-1/" and having problems running AIPS-TV.
Rest of the AIPS seem to be working fine though. To start the session I
used:

aips tv=local:0

The error message that I get is:

%---------------------------------------------------------%
Trying to make hard link XASW to XAS ...
./XASW: error while loading shared libraries: libimf.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
UNIXSERVERS: Start graphics server TKSRVW on cfa-pipe-1, display :3.0
Trying to make hard link TKSRVW to TEKSRV.EXE ...
UNIXSERVERS: Start message server MSSRVW on cfa-pipe-1, display :3.0

Rest of the AIPS loads, but no TV. Everything worked fine until before the
Thanksgiving weekend. I wonder if anything has changed, during upgrades
etc, since then ?

We have tried this different users here (working on cfa-pipe-1). I can
confirm that no-one can start a new session with a TV.

I will be grateful to you if you could kindly have a look at the problem.

Thanks,
- Atish .