[daip] outprint from bdflist?

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Aug 27 10:45:56 EDT 2013

Christopher Hales wrote:
> I'd like to print the output from bdflist to a text file, but whenever I
> set docrt to -1 I find that no output is produced.
>
> Documentation:
> http://www.aips.nrao.edu/cgi-bin/ZXHLP2.PL?BDFLIST
> http://www.aips.nrao.edu/cgi-bin/ZXHLP2.PL?DOCRT
> http://www.aips.nrao.edu/cgi-bin/ZXHLP2.PL?OUTPRINT
>
> Is this a bug, or am I doing something silly?
>
> Minimal (non-)working example. Assume FILE is in sdmbdf format.
>
> aips pr=18
> default bdflist
> outprint 'log.txt'
> dowait 1
> docrt -1
> asdmfile 'FILE'
> bdflist
>
> If I set docrt to 1 then I get the normal output to screen.
>
> Separate question: how to I specify to AIPS that I want the BDFLIST log
> and run files to go to a specific location, rather than $HOME?

These two semi-verbs do not have OUTPRINT as an adverb - do an INPUTS
BDFLIST and you will see.  The log file from BDFLIST and BDF2AIPS goes
into the $HOME area and contains what you want.  These programs are in
obit and we are just lucky to have access.  I cannot add options in a
simple way and Ihave tried to keep the access straightforward.  You can
move the files from $HOME after the fact, but the aips verbs need to
have a predictable and simple place for the run and log in order to
execute the obit programs.