[daip] Simulating spectral line data

Andy Biggs abiggs at eso.org
Tue Aug 20 12:48:31 EDT 2013

Dear daip. I'm trying to detect an emission line by stacking the spectra
of many sources detected in a wide-field dataset. I would like to
simulate some data as a check on my stacking procedure. I would
therefore like to add, preferably to a u,v dataset although to an image
cube would also work, multiple sources that are located at multiple
positions, but crucially in different channels. It seems that UVMOD will
not allow me to do this as the bchan and echan adverbs will just copy
out the requested channel. Is there a relatively easy way to do this in
AIPS? Or would I need to be chopping datasets up and reassembling them?

Cheers,

Andy

--

Andy Biggs