[daip] New Client Reply - [!LYN-118432]: AIPS data area on CV multivac

Bin Chen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Mon Aug 5 16:37:17 EDT 2013

New Client Reply: AIPS data area on CV multivac

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply. I have created a ".dadevs.always" file in my home directory containing the following:
+  /lustre/naasc/bchen/AIPS/DATA
+  /DATA/MULTIVAC15
+  /DATA/MULTIVAC17
where the first path is what I have just created, and two blank spaces are inserted after "+".

However, I get the following message when starting AIPS:
START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
  (Using VCOARN-specific default file /home/aips/DA00/DADEVS.LIST.VCOARN for DADEVS.PL)
                  /lustre/naasc/bchen/AIPS/DATA is currently unavailable.
                  /DATA/MULTIVAC15 is currently unavailable.
   Disk 1 (1) is /DATA/MULTIVAC17

Does it mean that the settings in ".dedevs.always" have been overwritten?

By the way, it seems that I cannot see /DATA/MULTIVAC15 and copy the data if I am not on multivac15. I may have to wait until multivac15 is available and do the copying, if there is no other option.

Thanks,
Bin

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: LYN-118432