[daip] New Client Reply - [!DHN-920083]: AIPS EDITR not subtracting running average?

Carl A Melis do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Thu Apr 25 16:31:14 EDT 2013

New Client Reply: AIPS EDITR not subtracting running average?

Dear Eric,

Thanks for your response. Indeed I appear to have misread the help file for EDITR, but the fact remains that something has changed in the way EDITR is handling and/or displaying the phase. I tested it on several datasets I reduced previously with older versions of AIPS (31DEC10) and found that EDITR displays very different values in the phase window with 31DEC13. It looks as though EDITR is just plotting the contents of the SN table that results from doing a global fringe fit (I am reducing phase-referenced VLBI data); i.e., slowly varying phase values as a function of time. Previously EDITR would plot phase values that were randomly distributed about zero with some rms value.

-Carl

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: DHN-920083
Department: AIPS Data Processing