[daip] New Client Reply - [!HKN-156636]: velocity definitions

Lynn D Matthews do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Mon Sep 17 16:35:59 EDT 2012

New Client Reply: velocity definitions

I got these data from the archive in uvfits format (back when that still was possible), so I believe that means "via CASA".

Thanks for pointing out 'VCAL' in SETJY. This is what I needed, and I think I have this working successfully, although it still enters VELDEF='OPTICAL' instead of 'RADIO' in the SU table. I don't know if that matters.

If I try to explicitly insist on VELDEF='RADIO' in SETJY, it gets unhappy and gives incorrect results. Oddly, they are also "backwards" in the sense that lower IFs report smaller velocities than the higher IFs.

Lynn

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: HKN-156636
Department: AIPS Data Processing