[daip] AIPS binary download seems broken

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Oct 23 11:03:21 EDT 2012

Bryan Butler wrote:

> i have a number of comments on the install process, but i'll start with
> this.
>
> from http://www.aips.nrao.edu/dec12.shtml#binary if you click on the
> "Install Wizard" link, it just spins and spins.  that link points to:
> ftp://ftp.aoc.nrao.edu/pub/software/aips/31DEC12/install.pl which
> doesn't exist.  or if it does, it's inaccessible from here at berkeley.
>
> i had to sftp in via the command line to get to the install.pl file.
>
>     -bryan

That's what I usually do but not because the link fails.  The file is
there and the world may read it (and the tar ball as well as lesser
files).  the link out of your e-mail worked just fine.  Given that lots
of people do this all the time, something odd must have happened to you.
  Of course I can't test it from a really remote site since I don't
travel much.

Eric