[daip] Web Resource

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Oct 19 10:37:54 EDT 2012

Chris De Pree wrote:
> Eric,
> All seems to be working now - got the machine name/lookup issue resolved as
> well (and reinstalled AIPS). The Feb workshop that I attended was very
> CASA-centric. Is there a good online resource that will answer my questions
> as to loading my EVLA data into AIPS (and any differences in data reduction
> that I should be aware of)?
> Thanks,
> Chris

I have written a lengthy appendix (E) on EVLA data reduction.  That is a
good place to start.  The PostScript file is on your disk
$AIPS_ROOT/TEXT/PUBL/COOKE.PS.  A PDF file that links to help files in a
browser is in the same area COOKBOOK.PDF.  They are also available on
the web from
     http://www.aips.nrao.edu/cook.html

Then of course there is daip at nrao.edu or, I suppose, you are really
supposed to use the helpdesk now.

New helpdesk

NRAO has instituted a "helpdesk" system similar to those at other
astronomical institutions. AIPS will participate in this effort which is
intended to avoid having problems fall between the cracks. The helpdesk
is accessed via https://help.nrao.edu. Note that the help site will
forward you to my.nrao to create a login if you do not already have one
and the my.nrao site will then offer a tab to reach the helpdesk. The
system for the AIPS "department" will make use of the daip at nrao.edu list
manager system that we have used for years. Thus, unlike the rest of the
NRAO helpdesk, messages to the AIPS portion will be made public in the
daip archive. This archive is accessible via the web and is well known
to Google among other things. Please switch to the new helpdesk to allow
more systematic handling of your AIPS queries and bug reports.

Cheers