[daip] [helpdesk-cv #17917] AIPS on multivac

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Oct 8 19:24:39 EDT 2012

Daniel Klopp wrote:
> Eric,
>
> We are debugging a problem on the local NFS compute nodes at
> Charlottesville, more specifically multivac15.  The problem is, as far
> as I can tell, related to a path change.  The original data area was
> located in /export/lustre/aips/*.  That has changed to
> /lustre/naasc/aips/* .  I updated DADEVS.LIST.VCOARN, HOSTS and NETSP as
> appropriate, as well as the auto map files, but this does not seem to work.
>
> I have just recently made a symlink from /export/lustre (the old area)
> to /lustre/naasc (the new area) but this still fails.
>
> If you have a chance, can you tell me what I am doing wrong?
> -Dan
>
> On 10/08/2012 02:11 PM, Tim Bastian wrote:
>> Hmm. Still no luck. -T

>>> This seems to be a problem on other boxes as well, such as my
>>> standard RH5 box kahlan.  You probably need to source LOGIN.CSH in
>>> your profile.personal file.

>>> See (2) below.
>>> This is probably due to a change in the path.  I made a symlink on
>>> multivac15 and multivac16 from the old location to the new location.
>>> Please let me know if this fixes the problem.

There is almost no information here with which I can debug anything.
Users in CV **must** source $AIPS_ROOT/LOGIN.CSH (or
. $AIPS_ROOT/LOGIN.SH for bash).

A ZMSGOP error on start up is normal enough - unless someone logs in as
user 1 there is no default message file and so that message appears.

Beyond these comments I will need rather more info to do more.